Check Engine Light Diagnostic Service in Frederick, MD
Today’s vehicles are designed to light up indicator lights in the dashboard when something goes wrong. Each of those lights means different things ranging from low tire pressure to the check engine light. Is there a warning light on in the dash of your car that looks like a little engine, says “check engine”, or “service engine soon”? Is it on steady or blinking? This could be your vehicles fault indicating Check Engine Light. If your check engine light is on our auto repair and service specialists at Carriage House Automotive know to check engine light codes and how to diagnose the problems they represent. So when your check engine light in Frederick, MD is on or flashing, make sure you contact our center immediately.
There are hundreds of codes that could cause your CHECK ENGINE LIGHT to come on. Even the most common reasons can have many possible causes.
Some top CHECK ENGINE LIGHT fault code causes are:
- Problem with the Mass Air Flow sensor or circuit.
- System Running Too Lean: An oxygen sensor detected a lean condition (too much oxygen in the exhaust)
- System Running Too Rich: The oxygen sensor detected a rich condition (or a too-high fuel to oxygen ratio)
- Cylinder misfire: P0300 type codes indicate a random or multiple misfires in your engine.
- Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction: Your car’s computer constantly adjusts and retimes the engine so that it doesn’t produce harmful pre-ignition/ knock.
- Insufficient Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR)
- Catalyst System Efficiency below threshold
- Evaporative Emissions Fault Codes. Sometimes a loose gas cap but usually not!
These are just a few of the hundreds of codes that can cause the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT to come. There is no one problem that can cause anyone of them. Each could have multiple causes and multiple repairs.
Check Engine Light Diagnosis Near Me in Frederick, MD
Our expertise in vehicle diagnostics means we can quickly determine what is causing your CHECK ENGINE LIGHT to come on and recommend what it needs for repair. If the check engine light is on in your car, bring your vehicle into your Frederick, MD vehicle diagnostic service for help.
Here at “Carriage House Automotive” we have the right equipment, ASE and Bosch Certified Master Technicians, the knowledge, and everything else needed to troubleshoot your check engine light.
A Trusted Auto Mechanic in Frederick, MD Since 1979
Ignoring your cars check engine light in Frederick, Maryland can lead to problems that could have been avoided if repairs had been made sooner. Contact Carriage House Automotive to arrange a diagnosis of your vehicles check engine light, or for any other Frederick, MD auto repair or service. Carriage House Automotive is excited to have been voted as Frederick’s Best Auto Repair service for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and one of the best in 2010, 2011. We really are ready to “Service everything your car needs.”